04 April 2010

Slideshows for your blog

I wonder if anyone noticed that lil slideshow I used to have on this blog *on top of my right panel* sometime back. I took it out wanting to change the images but then lost track of the hosting site.. and soon forgot the whole matter. -__-

Anyway seeing slideshows again while visiting other blogs kind of reminded me of my own missing widget and as K too was looking for a blog slideshow with a higher resolution, I started Googling for them today.

So while googling I found not one but a whole bunch of them. I won't exactly say if they're good or bad *cause they aren't paying me to promote them* so why don't you try each and every widget out and see what's best for you! =D

They are all free widgets coming with various types of slide transitions, animations, special effects along with customizable sizes. So you'll have more than enough choices.

PS: while Googling I stumbled upon the site that hosted my old faithful teeny weeny slideshow.. and it was a site called goodwidgets.com

So.. here goes the links:

* GoodWidgets (8 different widgets, displays up to 40 photos)
* imageloop (16 transitions, 20 skins, 11 effects; whether they're cool or not you may decide)
* Picasa Web Album Slideshow (high resolution in large scale slideshow)
* Smilebox (100s of themes, but have to download a file to use it)
* Flickr (looks cool, have to download a file to use it, click here to see an example)

Hope this helps for those who want to add a slideshow to their blog and for those who don't actually need one but still too curious to try out a one. ^__^

11 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot Harumi! Now I have a list do a few experiments :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Picasa as my online photo storage website and I'd recommend it since it's pretty good. Blogger has a built in widget to show a slideshow from a Picasa album I think... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ K: You're welcome. ^__^ Good luck with the experiments. =D

    @ Chavie: Really? Ya, I was surprised at the resolution it had. Must be, cuz all our pics go there (Picasa), right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's one of the reasons. And I find it easier to manage photos on it than Flickr. The resolutions go up to 1600px across, so it's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harumi,
    ..Experimenting in progress..:)

    Chavie,
    How do you get resolutions up to 1600px on Picasa slideshows?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Chavie: Wow really? That's really high quality.

    @ K: Good to hear that. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m cool with Picasa too :)

    Anyways I prefer to show the image posts of its reasonable size at first. Instead of going through the slides or showing thumbnails.

    Well it’s just my idea ok :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your feedback Anjana. Yep, showing pics in the posts is good too.

    I think slideshows can highlight your favorite bunch of pics. They don't take up much space, grabs more attention and your visitors could see more pics in one go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey try linkwithin. You guys might gonna like it too.

    http://www.linkwithin.com/learn?ref=widget

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Anjana: Thanks a lot. It sure looks handy.

    @ Sharo: You're welcome. ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...