05 April 2010

Magical moments of the heavens

Today I'm posting some photos I've captured on 3rd April 2010. One glimpse of the sky and the spur of the moment triggered these snaps.

Cause sadly a week or two back when something similarly magical appeared before me I missed the chance. *more like I gave up before even trying*

You see, I was in the middle of the Kandy town.. an hour or so before sunset.. hurrying home after shopping with my arms full of bags.. walking along a jam packed pavement with people buzzing about in warp speeds.. like in the midst of a giant ant colony. So.. pulling out my cam phone and aiming at the sky at a time like that... was more like.. out of the question. -__-

Least I've a blurry imprint of it. And I was totally surprised when I saw 'Eye of Sauron' in K's blog, cause what I saw was something similar.. but with more creamy toned fluffy clouds with dazzling golden silhouettes and vivid orangish glow just at the spot where the sun was hiding.. and there was a zigzag beam emitting from the sun looking as sharp as a laser beam. It also had silky-white-paper-fan-like-rays taking up more than half the sky's territory.

Too bad I missed it but.. nature was kind enough to present me another chance to snap from just outside my home.

Only one or two pics here have been cropped and none of them have been fine tuned, just to bring you the magic as it is. They're also posted in the same order I took.

And here they are.. the magical moments of 7 minutes!

* CTRL + Click to expand


Let the Magic begin...

Notice...


as you go through these pics...


how each passing moment...


makes a wonderful difference...


in the plain blue sky you see everyday...


suddenly...


turning into something spectacular...


if only you care to look...


absorb...


and enjoy...


the endless enchanting moments.. of nature.

20 comments:

  1. Magical! Just like a few vehicles parked on top of those clouds with head lights ON :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Harumi! Beau-tee-ful!!! Both the pictures and the captions! ;)

    You always seem to get awesome snaps of the clouds! Do you stay out looking up all day? hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant harumi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for all your comments.

    @ K: You're absolutely right. =D Prolly they're having an election campaign up there too. =D

    @ Chavie: Thanks. hehe..ya, I've been fascinated by clouds ever since I was a kid. *guess I told that before too* =D Geez, I'm not outdoors 24/7 gaping at the sky! =P

    Just that I made it a habit to check out cloud patterns almost daily around evening when the sun isn't too bright. I've collected a whole cloud gallery now. lol

    @ HD: Hi there and thanks for your feedback and dropping by.

    @ Dee: Thanks a lot Dee. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is awesome. love the worrdings too. I was just lost in the clouds for 7 mins :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a spotlight hiding inside. It seems like a carnival is in place. Let's celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Anjana: Hi there! Thanks a lot.

    @ Rain: Wow.. you have such a vivid imagination. It sure looks like a carnival too.. now that you mention it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Thanks a lot for stopping by my blog too.

    I have just gone through all of your posts and I must admit that you are a great photographer. I’m really impressed by your talent.

    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're welcome! ^__^

    Really? hehe.. Thanks a lot. But you see.. I'm an absolute amateur *more like beginner of all beginners* when it comes to photography. =D I only capture whatever that looks artistic, intriguing and inspiring from my humble cam phone which can do only a handful of tricks. =D

    Anyway glad to hear you liked all the pics here. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very good! Each one is one of the best photos of the sky I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Ratty. I'm so honored to hear that from a veteran adventurer. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah same here I’m also very new to photography and thanks to my guru “YouTube” I have learned few tricks ;)

    Anyways what you have done with your humble cam phone is awesome. It really shows the photographer in you.

    Happy clicking ………….
    Cya.

    Ps: Hmm looks like the same thing has happened to you as well. Someone has eaten up some of your comments too ha? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've no idea how everyone's comments disappeared from here and ended up back in the dashboard. But anyway.. I added them back but my replies are gone for good! -__-

    So I'm thanking everyone once again for all your feedback.

    @ Anjana: Really? Didn't know youtube had tutorials for photography.

    Thanks again for your compliments. Really? And I thought something was wrong with my browser settings for showing up something from the past. =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah in YouTube you can find tons of good photography lessons.

    Just search for “beginner photography lessons”

    Note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC60TShCqrM

    This lady shows how to take good photographs from a simple digital cam. Just go through all of her lessons. Hope this helps.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot again for the link. Will check it out when I get a break. My cam is missing the zooming and auto focusing functions, so it can do only a handful of things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Hirumi

    Your pictures and captions are really niceeeeee..enjoyed it...it seemed like i was back at home for that 7 minutes watching out of my own bedroom window...:)i miss..blue..bluee..blueee..skies////:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Penny! Welcome to my blog! ^__^ I did drop by your blog and must say it's definitely interesting. I'm halfway through with your episodes, will surely leave a comment once I'm done.

    Thanks a lot for your feedback.. and good to hear you liked them. Yep, Lanka is blessed with so many wonderful sights. You won't miss your homeland as much if you keep frequenting the Lankan blogosphere. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  18. i know Harumi..i'm glad you liked it...i'm new here and i'm sure glad i'm here...:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep, I sure did. ^__^

    You mean new to blogging? I guess even I'm kinda new compared to other bloggers cause I started blogging just a year ago. =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...