15 April 2010

Cloudy Couture 2010

Who says only humans are fashion concerned? I think even the clouds believe that in this day and age for them to be noticed by us *humans* they need to stick to haute couture.. coined as cloudy couture by their exclusive fashion designers.

All their countless designs basically belong to a handful of common types with tongue twisting names like stratus, stratocumulus, cumulus, altocumulus, altostratus, cirrocumulus, cirrus and cumulonimbus. *I know you didn't even bother reading the names =P*

You can click here to see some of their samples.

On a clear sunny day.. you may catch these cloud models doing the catwalk on their runway.. the endless blue sky. Don't believe me? Alright.. why not see for yourself.

* CTRL + click to expand images


Cloudy Couture 2010 Guide
...

It all begins with a line.. and ends with a line.



But if you care to take a peek..



you may see a flock of sheep..



or a jellyfish with long tentacles..



or finely sieved flour, ready to make a batter..



or a mirage before an oasis, that doesn't even exist.



And when the sun smiles upon you..



the wind will blow away your blues..



and let you soar high up in the sky, like a hawk.



For they are ready to dance like an ocean wave..



and flutter in the zephyr like a fluffy feather..



and even paint a picturesque portrait of the world.



So even if the world cracks up..



fear not..



for they will always be there to add color to your life..


..and let you smile a while. ^__^


...

Disclaimer: Cloud names exclusively from ucar.edu

11 comments:

  1. A very good story to go along with your beautiful cloud pictures. There are books I read with clouds that do things to get us humans to notice them. Some clouds try to look pretty for us, and then others try to scare us with their dark and ominous looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful models and a great fashion show ! You were the official photographer? Job well done :D

    I like 2nd and the last pic’s ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ratty: Thanks a lot. ^__^ Wow.. really? I never knew there were such books. But ya, every cloud has distinctive patterns and shapes that we're often familiar with. When I was small I used to see an entire zoo passing by! lol

    @ Anjana: hehe.. they sure are. And ya I guess so. Cuz no one else here is crazy as I am to stare at the sky when it's too bright, just to catch a bunch of clouds.. and later end up with severe headaches, every single time! -__- lol

    Thanks a lot. Really? The 2nd pic is one of my favorites too cuz it's a vista that I found by fluke. The last pic was taken on the same day that I saw the 1st spectacle of the sky, which I mentioned at the beginning of this post. I snapped this pic on my way home after half an hour or so since that spectacle. These were prolly the same clouds I saw from Kandy town, reverted to faint rays and silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little story that clouds brought to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot K.

    I had to leave out a few pics since they didn't fit in to the plot here. =D Anyway hope to post them all up in my Picasa album later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah the sky has no limit... i mean it has unlimited creations everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it’s time to invest on a sunglass ha? :0

    Yeah 2nd pic; I like the framing and the last pic those lines draws you in to the subject. Which is something every photographer / Photograph should do (as per some expert articles) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never realized such beauty exist up there! Must look out my window tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Fufu: Thanks for your feedback and yep, quite true. Sky is one of the best parts of nature that leads to umpteen inspirations. If it wouldn't hurt my eyes and the neck, I'd love to keep gazing at it 24/7. lol

    @ Anjana: Ya, seriously I should. hehe..

    Really? You mean those perspective lines? I never knew that. Thanks for the tips and the comments.

    @ wrap.box: Hi and welcome to my blog!

    Yep.. you should. You'll see something new and exciting too. =D

    PS: Just dropped by your blog and gotta say those gift boxes look such a cool idea. Will check it out leisurely. BTW is your product available island-wide?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, excellent pictures and excellent captions Harumi! It's all very poetic! :D Loved the one with the hawk in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Chavie.. ^__^

    hehe.. you know.. me and poems never go hand in hand but I too can make something rhyme once in a while. lol

    Really? when I took that photo I didn't even notice the hawk. that was a lucky shot. =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...