29 July 2010

From Feathered Friends to Fountains

Before I post the last bit of Medirigiriya pics *yep, I almost forgot we went there!* thought of sharing a bunch of random pics taken at random locations.

...

So.. it's been a while since I had a chance to capture some feathered friends. I saw them at this private hospital called KPH which has a small aviary fixed right beneath its stairway. This lil aviary is home to a dozen or more Lovebirds that loves to make a lot of noise, just to grab the attention of the passersby. I've only seen them from a distance before and never got the chance to see them up close until one day in early June.

Just on a whim I walked up to them and they looked so adorable so I took some paparazzi shots. They didn't mind at all.. and even enjoyed posing.. you'll see for yourself. ^__^

* The pics below are expandable and you know exactly how to do so, right? =D







Rewind a month and you come to May, that was when I saw a goose *or was it a duck?* wobbling to and fro beside the canal that runs beneath the entrance of Maligawa. Remember I once caught a cute lil turtle around the same place? *or was it a tortoise?!* o__O

Anyway here's the Goosey-goosey-gander wobbling yonder...


Well.. fast forward 2 months from there and you'll come to early July, when we had a rare chance to take a long leisurely stroll along the beautiful Kandy Lake Round. We were unexpectedly greeted by another bunch of feathered friends, might be the kith and kin of the above fella.

But I still can't tell apart them.. I mean whether these were ducks or geese that I saw! *I so need to visit the zoo to learn all the names of these animals* -__-







On the same day we had another surprise by the Lake Round. It was that super tall soaring fountain right in the middle of Kandy Lake that was always dormant whenever I visited Kandy. But this time it had awaken from its long slumber. Kandy Lake looked stunning snuggling that giant fountain.



That's all folks. ^__^

12 comments:

  1. Kandy lake photos are nice! The fountain is a great sight in the middle of the lake. I remember taking it from far away some time back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kinda bird watching huuh... please set the birds free :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always see those strange water creatures when I visit the Maligawa as well, but never found out their name. :S

    The fountain springs to life from time to time I guess? I like the pictures of the Lovebirds. Such posers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ K: They sure are. Yep, I remember that post. It was from that I gotta know there was such a fountain in the middle of Kandy lake. =D

    @ fufu: You could say that too. =D Hey.. I'd love to free them but you see.. I'm worried about the aftermath. They'd surely put me in jail for 'stealing' their property! lol

    @ Chavie: Really? I thought only I couldn't ID them.. hehe.. seriously what are they? I'm really curious to know. =D

    Yep, on special occasions I think. I'm sure it'll be active once the Perahera season starts.

    Ya, they were so cute. ^__^ There was even a cuter chipmunk but it escaped whenever I tried snapping. -__-

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you keep rewinding, we'll be back to school again, sort of like the birds inside the cage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful set of pics!

    Yep! Even I like the Kandy lake pics and this is the first time I got to see the fountains in it :D …hmm must visit Kandy really soon ;)

    That last pic of ducks or geese or something else (I have no idea about how to identify the birds too ..lol) .. This is the first time I saw not only one but two of them who can read :D … didn’t you notice ? one got no legs and other got only a one leg….Just read the board behind them ….. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kandy is such a lovely city (wish i can trade places with you) :D
    Geese/ducks are always hilarious with their waddling gait along with the self important attitude...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Rain: of course.. schooling days are the best. I'd be sure to do that the next time! hehe..

    @ Anjana: Thanks. Really? oh ya, you can take your family to see the coming Esala Perahera. Every year they add up many new items, and there's always the dancing elephants too.

    lol poor birdies. I'm sure they're as fit as a fiddle. =D

    @ Silent: It sure is. oh but if we trade places, you'll have to live in a suburb few kilometers away from Kandy. =D

    Oh ya they do have an amusing attitude.. but they're still kinda cute. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harumi...missed your pictures..i'm back...need to catch up,,:)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. No worries Penny. Take all the time you need. ^__^ I too have tons of things to catch up ne. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!!

    Hope to see you in action very soon .. =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot Anjana. I'm feeling much better now. And yep, hopefully starting from today I could check my blog roll too. ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...