19 July 2010

Journey to the (un)Known

Hi everyone! How have you been? Hope the weather out there is all sunny and bright and you are in all smiles. ^__^

It's been raining for months over here from morning to night and it's become the norm to start off with a gloomy day.. every day! Sadly the weather's affected my mood and I've been a lot grumpy and grouchy for a while now. =D Life sure is awful when it rains.. I miss those sunny blue skies. T__T 


Oh well.. I've a lil story to share today but... this one's a lil strange. It's a spin off of the Little Red Riding Hood and so it's half fictional and half non-fictional. o__O A tricky one indeed. It's a story that takes place inside a fictional but technically advance world full of trains.. where each train leads a passenger to a distinct destination in life.

I need to continue my old series but still am in no mood for that so, please bear with this nonsensical story for the time being. Hope you'd enjoy! ^__^
...

Journey to the (un)Known

Not so long ago.. there lived a little girl named Little Red Riding Hood in a lil town called Trainville. *she's probably the grandniece of the (in)famous Robin Hood of Sherwood* One sunny morning her mom gave her a basket full of fruits and sweet treats to deliver to her grandma who lived in a far away land called Nowonderland. So off she went, Lil Riding Hood, to the railway station of their lil old Trainville.

Once she got there, she looked to her right and looked to her left and again looked to her right *and, nope, didn't cross the street* but noticed something very odd, instead. There were 101 platforms and 100 trains here! Lil Riding Hood gave a blank stare, yawned and walked straight to the platform #1. The one that was over crowded with passengers. As soon as they saw Lil Riding Hood, a celebrity in this lil old town, they cleared a path and let her get in first.

After 1/4th the crowd got in, the train suddenly started moving, deserting hundreds of passengers on the platform gaping in horror. One after another the train passed through beautiful green paddy fields and rolling hills. Soon it slowed down to stop at the next station. Lil Riding Hood put her lil head out and read the signboard on the platform. Her eyes opened wide and then she sighed and uttered a lil loud, 'oh! I see'. She was riding the wrong train! O__O *huh?*

She got off at the station and looked to her left and right. There were 51 platforms and 50 trains here. She hopped and skipped and randomly chose platform #10 and squeezed her way into the train without much hassle. The train was already crowded and soon departed, leaving the entire station empty like a ghost town. -__-  *it was the poor station that gaped in horror this time*

They passed through tunnels, big and small, broad and narrow, black and blue and even rainbow colored too. When this train slowed down at the next station, Lil Riding Hood popped her head out once more and read the signboard. She opened her eyes even wider this time and mumbled.. 'hmm.. how boring'. She was again riding the wrong train! *is she stupid or what?* o__O

But alas! This strange phenomenon kept repeating again and again until she switched to 2 dozen trains! O__O She was drifting further away from her beloved grandma's house.. and sadly twas a fact that Lil Riding Hood didn't even know. *what a tragic end*

To be Contd. *not over yet?*
...

PS: I really missed all your blogs, but didn't drop by cause I was really in a grumpy mood for a while. lol Anyway hope to visit you all soon. ^__^

3 comments:

  1. Do not know why, I think you are the little Riding Hood right from the start.

    Do not ask me why, my instinct tells.

    (lol ^__^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So which part is non-fictional? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for your feedback, Rain and K.

    @ Rain: I'm really scared of your instincts now. lol

    Well.. I wasn't actually planning to relate a story, cuz all I had was a simple news. But then I felt if I express it more dramatically it'll sound cool and I'll have fun too while doing a story too. =D

    Oh and ya, I can't fully deny what you said. But believe me there's no big bad wolf in real life to stalk me nor have I ever taken such a crazy train ride ever in my life. lol

    @ K: Well.. I'll postpone that to my next post's reply. =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...