22 August 2010

Left far behind

..is how I feel whenever I login and check the dashboard. I've only a handful of blogs in my blogroll but how come I can't seem to keep up? I'm the type who hates skipping topics and moving up fast, *curiosity kills, I know* but despite it slows me down, I still am too eager to read all topics *if possible* instead of reading the latest and being up to date. *how nice of me* =P

Well.. I've been having such an eventful month, should I say eventful life.. a one that got me catch the same old flu three times in a row in itself is eventful right? O__o Well.. putting that aside, the me who don't have so much to share usually.. now seem to be having tons of stories to share.. so being The lazybones of the era, kept postponing them over and over again. 

And funny enough cause of this procrastination habit I've also skipped something important, my photo blog's (ya, this very blog's) 1st Anniversary, that came and left without a word, on the 2nd of August 2010. *sigh* Yep, already 20 days have gone since then and now's such a nice time to talk about it, huh? -__-

So.. want to know what stories I'll be sharing in the future = in a day or 2, a week or 2, a month or 2, a year or 2? O__O um.. hope you won't have to wait that long. -__-

Anyway here's some of those key topics..

  1. the ruins of Medirigiriya and what I found hidden among them, critters of all sorts and surprising discoveries (remember that hidden tunnel? that's just one of them)
  2. all types of arts and perhaps architecture too, I've captured since a while within and outside Maligawa (Temple of the Tooth), I'd say the place is a treasure trove of traditional arts
  3. stories of the two Hells I've been to.. yes, H-E-L-L-S, real live.. well.. realistically sculpted ones that will give you the chills and goosebumps with just one glance! (forgot already? I did mention long ago that I'm planning to visit Dambulla temple's man-made hell, but ended up visiting two different hells! after seeing too many hells, when I die will I end up in the hell as well?) -__-
  4. as for the grand finale... the entire Kandy Esala Perahera (the biggest procession in Lanka), I've caught 250+ pics and 5 or so short video clips just yesterday in the biting cold weather! Hopefully they're intact.. still got to load them to the comp and sort them out.
Did anyone else go see Kandy Perahera by the way? I'll have a bigger and exciting post about it in the future. ^__^


Have a great week! ^__^

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary! Looking forward to the perahera post.
    ps- I tend to forget my own b'day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stories of two hells that you hae been to?

    Where were they located? How did they look like? Whom you have found?

    Wow, can't wait for that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I think you have enough and more stories to share to celebrate your blogoversary :)

    I'll be interested in all four topics but I think you should start with the Esala Perahera as this is the ideal time to show the pictures of the best Sri Lankan cultural pageant. I was somewhere close to Kandy but could not go to see the Perahera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Harumi!

    I have been to one of the hells somewhere in down south. I think its “Wawurukannala” temple (correct me if I’m wrong :). Oh boy! Hell is sure is a hell … lol

    Looking forward for your mysterious and adventurous posts as always …. :D

    PS: good to see you back in action =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Amila: Thanks. Sure, just started sorting out the pics.

    No way! hehe.. I used to forget b'days of everyone too.. including mine. =D

    @ Rain: oh.. you've never seen hell before? what a pity. =D

    Um.. if I answer your questions now won't that kill the curiosity? But if you really wanna know then how's this.. it's a hell on earth, they looked grotesque and gory, and I found my future colleagues and neighbors! =P

    Thanks and yep, you may call it a sightseeing tour in hell. ^__^

    @ Silent: hehe.. it sure is.

    @ K: Thanks. hehe.. that's true.

    Yep, I was thinking the same too. Plus it'll boost my stats, since netizens might be googling for Esala Perahera these days. They even said some foreign media crews were there to telecast the pageant, so they're having a wider publicity this time. Thanks again for your suggestion.

    Really? Too bad you missed the chance. But you can catch it live on TV on 24th.

    @ Anjana:Thanks.

    Oh ya, I too have heard. Never been there though. hehe.. yep, our sculptors do a great job in designing hells, they make them quite realistic and appealing too. =D

    hehe.. thanks again.

    And yep, it's greatta be back. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 1st anniversary for your Blog Harumi! Looks like I've visited it at the right time too...hehe. Hope you have fully recovered from your flu rounds. Hope to see you up and writing! As for me, I have to get my lazy backside to update my blog too! Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Spring. ^__^ hehe ya, good to see ya.

    Mmm.. kind of. I think I've gotten allergic to too many things including the global warming, so only a slight cold is bugging me now. =D

    Thanks sis. And yep, do update it whenever you can. Your blog must be feeling lonely already. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah take your time for blogging...do so when you are free.... hihihi anyway procrastination kills sometime!! cant wait to read you next posts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, hope to do so. hehe.. it sure does. =D

    Thanks Fufu. ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...