19 February 2013

Troubles...

... of a feline junior.

.....................................

Hellow! Yeah, I'm talking to you over there. Got something to tell.. something very important.. you know.


Wait.. let me climb up so you can hear me better...

 
You see.. the little me is having a big problem these days... a very big problem...


So big.. that it makes me really sad.. oh...wait, let me get a tissue (don't want to pose with a running nose)


So now where was I? Oh yes.. the problem is our Director.. that stingy old man has to shoot a film in a jungle.. but know what he did?


Shhh! don't tell anyone ok? He says he can't pay big money for our big brothers in the wild.. so he's hiring us.. the junior stars to do the job for a small pay.


So we have to spend another few days in this poorly made jungle, roaring and hunting and pretending to be our big brothers. Thanks to that.. now my back hurts... my paws are scraped.. and nails are chipped..


Sigh.. life in the wild is awful.. and our stingy old Director says we still have more scenes to do. Ah.. I think someone's coming...


Sorry pal, it's the boss... looks like he's mad at me for ditching the make-up artist. I got to go.. see you.. er.. no wait.. you'll see me.. yeah.. don't forget to watch our movie 'Jungle Cats'! You will see the movie.. won't you?


By the way.. keep it a secret.. what I just said about our dear old boss. Don't want him cutting my small pay into half. He might even ditch paying at all.. who knows. Oops! He's really mad now. See ya!


.....................................................

Took these shots of one of our kittens on 17th of January 2013, while I was capturing some macro shots, she came and hopped on to a branch nearby, and watched me keenly, so couldn't resist taking some shots. This one has a twin sister and she's still with us. But this kitten was taken away by our neighboring village's kids some days later after I took the photos.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Harshi,
    Interesting post again....Nice to see a buddy who has a fascination for the felines :)
    I hope her director wont see my comment and stop payments for the lil one.. ;) Such a cute one ... I assume its a good breed ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SM! Thanks a lot. hehe.. yeah, both felines and canines have very interesting aspects.. though I'm a little afraid of the latter. :D

      I too hope so. :D And yeah, among the two, this kitten was the cutest. And we had lots of neighborhood kids visiting them almost regularly, and each of them wanting to bring the kittens home but their moms protested that they have enough cats already. :D

      Anyway not sure of its breed, but most probably a mixed one. Cause their great-grandma (our neighbor's abandoned cat, which we took in with its new born kittens) looked exactly like an African wild cat! (it behaved like one too) And there was a neighborhood cat with similar fur coat and extra fluffy tail so probably the little ones also inherited these rare genes. lol

      Delete
    2. He he, nice to have some fluffy genes in the neighbourhood. I see that you are providing a safe home to abandoned kitties, which is really nice !
      Btw, I will be in Kandy next weekend. Are you still residing in Kandy ?

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that's for sure. :D

      hehe.. but it's not always easy since not all my family members or neighbors are feline friendly, and since I used to have asthma while schooling I'm not allowed to interact much with them. :D

      Really? That's nice to hear. It used to rain here but now it's all sunny and warm, though it gets a bit cold at night.

      And yeah, I'm still in Kandy, it's my hometown after all. :)

      Delete
  2. So, I have to imagine it is a big lion by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rain, and yes, definitely, cause doesn't she look like one too. :D

      Delete
  3. What a marvelous creative narrative! So good to see someone looking out for them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...