13 May 2010

mYStiFyiNg, mYstEriOuS & MyStiQuE...

Sorry if you couldn't read the title in one go.. using title-case for titles all the time is a bit.. um.. boring. *sigh*

...

Today's bunch of photos had something unusual, mystifying or special about them. So they were grouped under the title 'Mystique'. And yep, these too were captured during our trip to Somawathie on 28th of April.

The photos were captured while on the move, except for the ones taken at Medirigiriya and Hingurakgoda. As usual did a slight tweaking to make the pics look clear.

...

Enter a zone...
Wrapped in Mystifying Mysteries...
and Behold...
the Presence of Mystique!


Egyptian sunrise

doesn't it look like a pyramid? probably it was a roof of a house or a mountain

Lilliput under the spotlight

those palm trees in the distant looked like Lilliputians bathed in that blinding sunlight

Perfect symmetry.. above and below

Location: around Sungavila *nearest village to Somawathie*

Will-o'-the-wisps

Location: around Minneriya Tank
the tinted sticker on this shutter had minuscule holes I think


Rock wrapper

Location: few meters before Medirigiriya Watadage
this tree was so huge.. and so was its roots


Divine cave

above tree's roots led us to this cave, which sits on the side of a stairway.. I think. see a bench inside? it was empty when we arrived at Medirigiriya site. but when we were about to leave, an old villager was sitting there meditating! I was about to take a snap again *cause his face was well hidden, there was no harm in snapping right?* but mom stopped me and I got an earful. -__-
I was only trying to prove if he was a human being or an ethereal being. *sigh*

Giant human torso

Location: stairway leading to the site of Medirigiriya Watadage.
was only trying to take a snap of this rocky stairway. just when I was about to click my cousin sis and the rest of our crew arrived. result, as you see a giant human torso (shadow), formed in the middle of the stairway!

Medirigiriya Watadage

there's nothing unusual about this photo. but it hides something quite mysterious. see the place where the dark round brick parapet wall meets the light straight rocky parapet wall? that's where the mystery begins..

Secret tunnel

Location: Medirigiriya Watadage
this is what lies right beneath the stairway of the Medirigiriya Watadage. a well concealed narrow sloping tunnel, enough to fit in one person. the rocky floor is covered in moss and is quite damp with streaks of rain water/ spring water constantly flowing. my lil cousin sis found this tunnel and we were all hyped up about exploring it. but after seeing the dangerously slippery floor we had to back down meekly.*sigh*

Rainbow lens flare

Location: a lil school at Hingurakgoda
was trying to capture the Araliya (frangipani) tree and got this lens flare. there's an interesting story about this lil school which I'll talk about some other time.



Location: Habarana jungle



Location: unknown!

Twilight Zone

Location: around Minneriya Tank.. I think
time was only 4.39 pm but this spot looked unusually dark (and spooky) compared to its surroundings. and yep, this too was captured while on the move.

13 comments:

  1. I am still thinking: Was he a human being or ....?

    I wish he was, otherwise "he" will follow you wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Dee: Thanks ^__^

    @ Rain: lol you worry too much.
    And geez.. stop scaring me already! T__T hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool…Interesting set of pics.

    1st pic I think it’s a roof. If you look closely to the right of the pic you can notice from where that roof is starting.

    Sure you have missed a great photo opportunity in the cave ha? That cave looks pretty spooky too :)

    I like that shadow pic the most. I think that the giant in the middle is you …lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am very impressed by your photos this time. They are always good, but these really show that you are an excellent photographer. I like the mystifying quality of these pictures. It's something I sometimes try to get, but I never quite achieve. And I also like the way you typed the title of your post. It looks really cool in my blog list on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That banyan tree and the cave is spooky.
    I like that picture of watadage. It is not the usual elevation we normally see in many pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anjana: Thanks. ^__^

    Ya, it prolly was a roof. cuz its proportions and perspective doesn't match with a hill or a mount.

    True, but I think mom was right. I might have disturbed his composure if I had snapped a pic, cuz my cam makes noise whenever I snap.. it goes like.. krrrriiik.. or something. -__-

    Really? lol Nope, wasn't me. Must be the shadow of some divine entity that protects this place. Sacred sites like these are full of supernatural things. ^__^

    @ Ratty: Aww.. thank you so much! feel so honored hearing such a compliment from an expert like you. ^__^

    oh.. about capturing mystifying things.. they come at the most unexpected times. If you look for them, the opportunities simply disappear.

    Wow.. really? hehe.. thanks again. I should type like that once in a while, just to grab a bit of attention. lol

    @ K: ya.. wish I had checked this cave out thoroughly when it was empty. the nearest I got to it was a couple of meters from the cave door. But couldn't go more as our crew went to see the watadage leaving us behind! So had to tag along. -__-

    Thanks and yep, it was an unusual angle. was snapping the site from all directions possible, so this is one of those shots. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there should be an option to turn off the camera click sound. It’s going to be very handy with your spy work too … LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope, I checked all options but couldn't find it. -__-

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have not seen one in ages.

    That means you have seen one long once upon a time. Am I right?

    No no no....

    Hahahahaha......

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol

    Well.. I did see a solitary bunch of mushrooms some months back.. but that was it for many years! We've had so many rainy seasons but not a single mushroom season. I so miss them. -__-

    But glad that I could see a great variety of them on your blog. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photos, especially the one of the Watadage. Doesn't putting your phone into silent mode stop the noise? :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chavie! Where have you been for all this time? =D

    Thanks. ^__^

    Yep, silent mode has nothing to do with the cam settings. -__- So can't use my cam for paparazzi work unless from a distance. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...