19 December 2009

Random captures

The last 1.5 weeks were the most hectic days I've had for a while as I was babysitting my lil nephew (he's now 8.5 yrs old) cause my sis had to undergo a sudden surgery (a minor one though).

Taking care of him was a lil bit (= very x 100 times) exhausting.. but the only thing that stressed me out totally and left me out of breath (and out of voice too sometimes) was his daily random quizzing on Naruto. Well.. he's a genuine Naruto otaku (otaku = diehard fan). -__- What I fear the most is, his dream of becoming a scientist one day might seriously get replaced by the dream of becoming Naruto.. for real. O__O

Last time (some months ago) when I tried working while he was with mom.. every 5 mts or so he'd appear next to me or shout from wherever he is and ask.. 'puncha (aunt) when are you finishing?', 'puncha you should've finished your work by now, right?', 'puncha how much more to go?', 'punchaaaaa... you're working too slooooow...!' o__O

Well.. I gave up all hopes of working and gave him my comp. Had to resume my work hours later when he fell fast asleep. So taking that golden lesson to account.. this time I asked for leave from the company.. well in advance. lol

....
Coming back to the topic.. here's a bunch of pics I've captured in the past and recent ones too from our Colombo trip (as we went to drop my nephew).
....

* As usual ctrl+click to expand the pics... ^__^

Took these bunch the last time when we went to Maligawa.


Serene and stunning Kandy Lake.
*how many monkeys can you spot in the pic?*



Glimmering like a giant mirror.
*skirting around the lake is the 'Walakulu bemma' (cloud-like-drift wall).



The solitary islet.
*it sits in the middle of Kandy Lake*
....

Next bunch were taken while passing Kadugannawa on our way to Colombo. This area has rocky hills packed with giant rocks, winding roads, sheer precipices.. all wrapped in breathtaking scenery.



Glaring lens flare of the rising sun.



Rolling blue hills.
*the almost rectangular top-hat like hill towards right side is the Bible Rock*



Life on the edge.
*right beneath this pinkish grocery/ house is the dizzying precipice*
*the tilt may remind you of leaning tower of Pissa, but this is no replica. it just turned out that way since our cab was flying at supersonic speed* -__-

...

The next set was taken en route to my sis' place.. in a suburb of Colombo.


Dusty roads and smoky clouds.



Foraging in a somewhat (= seriously) stinky canal.
*see the birdies? these are pelicans*


Enduring the pungent odor.. for a bill-full.
*more pelicans. we also saw numerous fishing boats anchored on either sides too*
*pics turned out fuzzy here cause our almost airborne cab was taking a bumpy roller coaster ride*



The perfect blue of a cloudless sky.
*yep, I know.. these trees aren't tilted or fuzzy at all. You see.. these couple of coconut (or king coconut) trees are my sis' neighbors.*



Apple Green vs Ruddy Orange
*we saw dozens of roadside stalls selling these orange colored bags. They are called baby oranges, small in size with tomato like shapes.. turned out to be juicy and delicious.



Cutting through the pitch black night.
*see the tiny droplet streaks covering the windscreen? We got caught in a torrential downpour on our return trip. It was scary especially while passing Kadugannawa where we had to keep praying until we passed it, as the road became all hazy* -__-


And now it's time for the grand finale...



The warped twilight zone
*this is my favorite pic of all but it is also a very eerie pic I must say. If you look at it closely it appears as if I've used the smudge tool in Photoshop and created a hazy pattern on the clouds, right? But I didn't!
*This is how exactly the sky looked at that time and the odd ruddy tones are thanks to a tinted shutter of the cab*

...
Somehow this last pic reminds me of those sci-fi stories where the space becomes warped and then a glowing tube of light takes people between different times or dimensions.

Anyhow I had an earful from my mom for twisting and turning 360 degrees and more to take snaps while we were still moving at that breakneck speed. I ended up with backaches, bone aches, headaches and joint aches and what not until next morning. lol

9 comments:

  1. I think it is 3 monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are three monkeys in the picture, but there is one at your home, or am I too rude to say so?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol at Rainfield's comment! :D I'm guessing it's 3 too! ;)

    Your nephew seems like funnnn! Sounds a whole lot like my cousin bro btw! So I know what you mean about the exhaustion! lol ;D

    I love your warped pic and the one with the lens flare! Aaaand the paddy field one too! :D I also love those delicious little 'baby narang'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ K: Yep, there were more but I could only capture these 3.

    @ Rain: Correct but the latter is absolutely incorrect. lol I believe in our house only Homo Sapiens Sapiens and Felis Domestica reside.. and no macaques.. as in your neighborhood. =P hehe..

    @ Chavie: yep, 3 indeed.

    Really? oh so you babysit your cousin too? That's nice. ^__^

    Aww.. thanks. That's a long list. =D Really? that was my first time trying those baby naran, we just bought them out of curiosity.. but they turned out great. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, used to! I got a 2 year vacation when he left the country... miss him like crazy now! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? how old is he? oh and if by any chance he gets a PR there, then you'll be released from your babysitting duty for life. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, he's turning 9 next March! :D I don't think they'll stay there, since my uncle's working here and he's there with his mom. As soon as she finishes what she's doing there they'd come back... (hopefully! lol) :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that's nice to hear. My nephew's turning 9 in May 2010. =D Really? then that's good for you.

    PS: You should launch a day care center if you love babysitting that much. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool!!! They were born only 2 months apart then! :D

    HAHAHA trust me, if looking after one kiddo is that much trouble, looking after a bunch of them is gonna drive me insane! lol :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...