01 August 2012

Time lapse with Kadupul

Kadupul or the Dutchman's Pipe (Epiphyllum oxypetalum) is one of a kind flower which takes about a little over five hours to bloom, and choose to do so in the night past 10pm. A few times we received Kadupul from a neighbor and I decided to try some close up shots (with macros) at different intervals. On two different days (June 20th and July 4th) I captured the blooming process in various angles of two Kadupul flowers. It was simply bewitching to watch, hour after hour, how the pointy long bud transforms into a striking delicate beauty in full bloom.

And to make a time lapse, I picked few snaps from each shooting and arranged them in order. The only tweaking I did was, using Paint.NET, cropping, resizing and slightly fixing the brightness, contrast, level and saturation.

I'll let the pictures do the talking from now on,
[ CTRL + click to zoom in]













For more info on Kadupul check Wikipedia.

4 comments:

  1. Sooo beautiful! I love these..I haven't seen on in real life. :) Keep up the good work Harshi. :)
    P.S: Thanks for your mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot sis! And no worries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....that is one beautiful project ! I like the last pic a lot. looks professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot SM! I like that pic too. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...