05 June 2012

Larger than life

Here's a few macros I took somewhat recently.

* This butterfly (or maybe its cousins with the same hues and patterns and dots) visit our front yard almost daily. It loves to perch on jasmine leaves and stay still for a while, as if basking in the warm sun rays. After attempting for few days I was lucky on this day as it posed for me in a carefree manner. Maybe it wanted to show off its beauty.

The only tweaking I did with this photo using Paint.NET was - trim, resize, enhance brightness and contrast, enhance saturation.


* There was this big banana leaf lying on the table (it was cut off to pack some flowers for a neighbor who was to go on a pilgrimage next morning). On a whim I sprayed some water and it formed into droplets. Then I tried a few macro shots. The pinkish highlight over the droplets were from the window curtains.

Did the same tweaking as above.


* We get power cuts sometimes unexpectedly, but now it has become a lot better than ages ago. So when it happened right before the Vesak, I grabbed the chance to snap this candle light.




* This blue flower was surrounded by yellow bell flowers so that's why it has this strange yellowy background.




*This flower is a variation of the above bluish flower, and has faint blue traces here and there.


Well.. that's it. Have a great week ahead!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Harshi,

    Nice to see another wonderful post by you ! If I recall right that butterfly looks like a grey or a lemon pansy. you may need to check though. I posted one in my blog long time back :)

    The water drops on the banana leaf looks fantastic and reminds the many opportunities we have at home to take beautiful pics rather than grumbling about not being able to go out !

    Happy clicking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SM! And I thought I already replied this. my bad.

      Thanks for your comments and enlightening me on its type. Yeah, could be a grey pansy, just that its patterns were very light. Will check it out.

      hehe.. that's true..

      Thanks, and wish you the same! :)

      Delete
  2. long time no see. where have you been all this time? lol

    nice shots! looks like you have said goodbye to your phone cam .. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anjana! Yep, it sure is, and I should be asking you the same. lol As for me, I was busy with my teaching career last year so I was totally out of blogging. From this year again I'm back to freelancing so now I have some time to spare. So how were things with you?

      Thanks and well, I got this digi cam for my work than my hobby, but using it for both anyway. :D And the mobile cam was still in use until recently. But that phone had issues and gave it for repairs. But a couple of weeks back they said it couldn't be repaired. So yeah I really had to part with my phone cam for good. :(

      Delete
  3. hmm I'm was busy as always and wanted to stay away from computers after coming home :P. anyways I'm doing just ok and still alive :D

    ahh!! I can remember the amazing things you did with your mob cam. I'm pretty sure you will do wonders with this digi cam =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe.. that's good.

    Yep, that was a special mobile cam, despite being 2MP with no zooming, it still captured the best scenes. Thanks, hopefully I could learn a few tricks with this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...