16 October 2011

Sun, Sea, Sand

.... and Sirocco.

{borrowed the dusty hot wind - sirocco from the Sahara, to match the rhyme} =D


My sis told about this secret spot (let's call it so) when we visited her on 25th March 2011. And so on our return trip we took a detour and went there.

The first thing that caught my eyes was this fine silhouette of a mangrove... I think. I was so excited to see the surrounding coastal beauty and almost missed the heartbreaking sight right next to it.




See all the paper and polythene lying on the beach? And I thought this was a secluded one. Despite the sight I inched forward.


There's still more. Did they get washed ashore, or did people toss them carelessly? No one knows.. except the poor mangrove.

The sound of the waves or the wind couldn't hide the painful whimper, "Please save me from these slithering polythene monsters. They are strangling me!"

I looked straight ahead. The blue ocean is silently listening in a pensive mood. Calm and quiet, yet twinkling under the lazy evening sun.



I looked to my right. Some folks have marked their presence all over. The smooth tawny sand was in total disorder. Could they be the perpetrators who accompanied the polythene monsters?



The waves began to rise.. tangled in anxious and tensed emotions.


I wanted to move forward, embrace the vast ocean and become a milky white surf.. so these fine waves could carry me far away from these fearful monsters. 



The salty surface glittered like a silvery mirror and the waves slowly rose high. In fear I stepped back.



But the sea was very kind. It only sent a gentle wave to greet me.. with a smile.


I stepped back more. And the sea followed. 



In the distance the waves roared. But at my feet the pearly ripples smiled. I smiled back at the vast blue ocean who is kind to all alike.

11 comments:

  1. Feel so good listening to the story of an "old" friend, who may be a Martian, who has visited a place that was roared by another Martians earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely secret spot but looks lyk quite a few people know it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection and even a better story!

    It’s so sad to see the pollution in most of our lovely beaches. Definitely people should be more responsible with the stuff they bring along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Rain: hehe.. oh wow.. I didn't know my folks were here too. =D

    @ K: True, and it's best for this beach to remain hidden, to minimize further pollution.

    @ Anjana: Thanks. Yeah, that's true. Everyone talks big of protecting the environment, but they forget that it all starts with some simple etiquette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to enjoying the beaches of SL very soon. Did I tell you that I'm visiting? :) Indeed it is sad to see that not all care about the environment...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis! Yep, I think you said so. Have a superb time when you're here! ^__^

    True. At least from Tsunami they should've learnt a lesson, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if other people have discovered it, this place looks like a good secret spot most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Ratty! seeing you here after ages! Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.

    Oh yeah. It sure looks that way. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, such a sorry sight... Will we see our "proud" nation disciplined enough not to leave their waste behind in public places? for me it seem centuries away :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have roamed the virtual world, and left immediately for Mars again.

    See you in Mars.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comments SM and Rain.

    @ SM: Oh yeah.. reminds me of that song which goes.. "when will they ever learn.." Gotta keep our fingers crossed. ^__^

    @ Rain: oh sorry.. got stuck with (rather buried alive under) a pile of work load so couldn't blog nor read for all this time. Hopefully from this weekend I'd get a bit free. There's lots to say too.. can't wait for a long break. =D

    PS: Shhh... I'm still on Earth. The mission's not complete. =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...