19 March 2010

Howdy... it sure is cloudy!

How have you all been? Um.. I've been a lil bit busy *and too lazy* to post something between the last couple of months but then I figured it's high time I should, cause otherwise I fear my blog'll become extinct! -__-

Anyway... I'm eagerly awaiting the rainy season as our Met department predicted but it still doesn't seem to go more than a slight drizzle for us. But I hear in Kandy metro it rained cats and dogs. So not fair! -__- So how's it at your end?

Oh and I've been snapping clouds during the last few weeks or so, but not in a row, *nope, that's not my new hobby* and I found something totally um... new, unusual and amazing?! O__o

Well... anyway before I give out my humble hypothesis I'd like to hear what you think of it. *I'll be sure to post other dandy cloudy pics in the near future*

I'll post 3 pics here.. of the same cloud. Actually it was too huge to be captured in one shot! But there's something more in the pic.. if you are to look closely. See if you can identify it. And it's a UHO... *I took the liberty to coin it as UHO = unidentified hovering object!*

* CTRL+Click to expand the images.

It's time to test your observational skills! =D

Pic 1


Pic 2


Pic 3


Good Luck! ^__^

......................................

For those who observed the UHO in the pics and for those who didn't, let me explain what really happened.

As you can see right in the center of the humongous cloud *towards its right* is a small halo like formation, right? At first I thought it was a type of cloud that I've never seen before. It wasn't fluffy, nor thick, nor silky nor anything like I've seen before. It almost appeared translucent and diffused at its circular edges.

I took these pics between 4.44pm - 4.45pm and even at that time, part of this halo was covered by the mammoth cloud. Now.. after about 5- 10mts or so *maybe even before* I noticed that the halo was completely visible as its counterpart had drifted further. Now the left side of the halo that was hidden for all this time appeared to be somewhat different and unusual. Still maintaining an irregular circular shape, it was shaped like a bunch of parallel rays, bundled together and blurry at the edges.

Sorry that there's no pic to prove this cause I simply gazed at it for all that while and um.. completely forgot to snap it! -__-

But that's not the creepiest part. This halo like cloud *if it was a cloud* simply disappeared within a matter of 5 mts thereafter! O__O Can you believe it? When all other clouds remained as they were, so how could only one of them get spirited away?!

So.. after this mind boggling observation I deduced it has to be a phenomenon related with the light's reflection in the atmosphere But this doesn't seem to be the case as the position of the sun was way downward, you can see it clearly in pic 2 and 3. *the brightest glow at the bottom of the pic, is where the sun was at that time.. I think*

It only left me with this hypothesis... this halo could be something related to the magnificent Aurora Borealis! ie. a trick of Earth's magnetic field. But then again I thought these stuff only occur near the Polar regions.. and I'm certain I live near the Equator.. so.. um.. if by any chance our Earth's magnetic field was tweaked, could the Doom's Day be really near? O__o

Anyway got any bright ideas as to what this UHO might be?

5 comments:

  1. Long time..no seen..:)
    There were some rain in the evenings during last week in colombo suburbs.. I think it bucketed down two days ago and temperature has cooled down a lot..before that it was at melting levels..
    UHO - Couldn find any in the pictures other than the huge cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting.... hmmm! Did you give Mr. Mulder and Ms. Scully a call? ;) Great photos as always! :D

    I'm hoping for rain too Harumi! Good to have you back after a long time, hope you blog regularly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ K: Yep, it's been a while. ^__^
    Wow really? you guys are so lucky. I've no idea why it won't rain here. Prolly due to a side-effect of the election fever here. -__-

    oh that's alright. This UHO's a tricky one.

    @ Chavie: hehe.. they've already retired from X-files long ago, right? lol

    Thanks. oh but you didn't exactly say what you observed.

    Really? oh thanks again. hehe.. that's the problem. It depends on my whims. lol

    PS: Anyway I think I should post my hypothesis at the end of the post, cuz then it'll be more clear what this UHO is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the poles are inverting! :O 2012 isn't far off, is it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for the link. Didn't know that Earth's poles could swap like that.

    And I so hope they got the year wrong.. 2012 is way too near. =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...